Friday, June 29, 2007


Sorry for not posting in a while, but an awful lot has happened in the last two weeks. Needless to say, Kelly and I are now residing in Falls Church, Virginia, a suburb of Washington DC. We drove both our cars from Arizona to here over five days, and I don't know if I ever want to do that again. We've been staying in an empty house, but the movers will show up tomorrow morning with all our stuff. We have been pretty busy cleaning up the place. I guess the owners moved out two days before we arrived and say they didn't have time to clean up the place. The carpets hadn't been cleaned and the walls were all dirty. And the owners had some sort of shaggy dog because there is wiry gray dog hair everywhere! But we've gotten it looking pretty presentable by now. Plus a handyman showed up yesterday to rip up the filthy carpet in the sunroom and replaced it with a clean, painted cement floor.

2 comments:

jamielc said...

How do you feel about living somewhere with proper winters again? I mean, I guess VA is more mild than say, Chicago, but it'll be a big change from AZ.

Tracy said...

I love painted cement floors, glad they got the raggedy stuff out of there and I hope it is feeling more like home. :c)