Wednesday, June 06, 2007


I saw six homes today. This is the one that sounded good to me, so I made plans to see it first in the morning. I also stopped by again later in the afternoon, after my expectations had been calibrated, and I decided to apply for it. It is smaller than the home we are renting now, but compared to other homes in the area, the price for the size is a great value.

Pros:
  • large yard (and it's fully fenced)
  • semi hidden from street (although that slope might be trouble for our cars in the winter)
  • largest living room and laundry room I've seen all day
  • has a nice sunroom extension in back
  • has large storage shed in back (in very good condition)
  • Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Starbucks, and video rental store in walking distance down the street
  • very near Metro station, and right on bus line (which goes to Metro station)
  • just a few miles south of Tysons Corner malls
  • backs up to Pimmet Run creek, so only neighbors on the right and left
  • very close to major freeways (495 beltway and 66)
Cons:
  • small kitchen
  • small bathroom with no toiletries storage
  • the two bedrooms combined are about the size of our current bedroom
  • one lane parking along side of house (no garage)
  • the slopes in the front and back yards might make mowing the lawns a pain

No comments: