Monday, June 11, 2007


Thursday I had some free time in the afternoon, so I went over to Woodlawn Plantation, which was right across the street from my hotel. The grounds were very well-tended, and aside from the main house, there's also a Frank Lloyd Wright house on the property.


Next to the mansion house there was a tiny pool with tons of tadpoles in it.


There were also a few Southern Magnolia trees on the property. I didn't realize that the magnolia was a tree and not a bush. They were just beginning to bloom, but only near the tops of the trees.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

just wait until all of the magnolia trees start blooming up there around your place, the blooms are enormous and smell heavenly if you can find some close to the base of the tree :c) I'm a little jealous you guys are living in VA, I hope you really enjoy it.