Wednesday, July 04, 2007


Happy 4th everybody! This week both Kelly and I started work. NRL looks like most military bases I've seen (I have a few uncles in the armed forces, so I've seen my fair share of military bases). I'd post a picture, but there are no cameras allowed on-site. I'm not even supposed to bring my laptop in. But I have to bring it in to work until my new computer arrives (I'm getting a new Sony Vaio laptop with a docking station, wireless keyboard and mouse, and a 24" LCD monitor). I don't even have an office yet until some science director guy gets back from vacation next week to officially assign me one. The weirdest thing so far is that most of the administrative staff leaves at 3PM every day. And I still have personal stuff to do to get us fully settled in here, like registering our cars in Virginia, and getting insurance policies. Hopefully I'll have most of that miscellanea done by the start of next week.

No comments: