Saturday, May 31, 2008


Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

I just finished watching a great movie called Sympathy for Lady Vengeance. It's a Korean film by Chan-Wook Park. I'd seen Oldboy a few months back, and enjoyed the plot but hated the style of the movie. But for Lady Vengeance, I guess I was ready for the surreal elements of the film, although I do think they were less over-the-top and more integral than in Oldboy. But the thing that hooked me came about an 1:15 in when the plot takes a U-turn and becomes completely intense. I mean, the entire movie kinda punches you in the gut, but at that point my jaw dropped for almost ten minutes as I was trying to process what was happening. Highly recommended.

2 comments:

1minutefilmreview said...

We loved 'Vengeance Trilogy' by Park Chan-Wook too. Try his latest film 'I'm A Cyborg', a quirky love comedy, it's cool!

Beth said...

I saw them both. They were good but not really my type of movie.