Thursday, April 21, 2005


Brookhaven Report #2:

Things are busy here, and pretty exhausting. Not in the sense of lugging heavy weights around all day, but in the sense of staring at a computer screen for 16 hrs a day.

I got my ID badge alright, so everything is good on the security end. My laptop even connects to the internet right when I plug it in (which doesn't normally happen here--I'll have to enable some proxy server or script or something). Unfortunately, I feel a little under the weather. It's just a runny nose and a cough (the dry eyes are from staring at computer monitors all day). It could turn out just to be allergies, but I won't know that until I come back to AZ, and I've never had an allergic reaction like this before. Anyway, it's a bit miserable physically, and I have to get research accomplished even though all I want to do is crawl up in bed and rest.

Everybody should be thinking happy thoughts about Kelly, too. She's working nights all week, which is very commendable for a morning person like her.

No comments: