Tuesday, April 05, 2005


Ajo Update #2
Kelly is doing well. They are on the final stages of the well installation. Actually, I think they finished yesterday. Unfortunately Kelly has to stick around for the pump installation and final testing. So it will be at least another week, but it shouldn't be more than two. It was great seeing Kelly again. Last weekend we had some arguments but this weekend it was all disgusting lovey-dovey stuff. I'll spare you-all the gory details. By the way, Kelly strongly recommends a book called "Out" by Natsuo Kirino. I drove around Ajo mostly on Saturday while Kelly was working. I even snuck into the mine site an collected from the tailings pile (There are plenty of places to do this because the mine is so huge). I also drove around the nearby backcountry and found some placer mines. Also, I practiced drifting a little bit. There was a very wide stretch of straight, level, gravel road, so I lined up along on side, accelerated to about 25 mph or so, and then pulled the hand brake while turning the wheel. I was actually able to spin the car 180 degrees!

I was actually gonna post all this yesterday, but there was a big power outage at ASU yesterday afternoon. All of physical sciences was out of power, and maybe most of ASU. Then when the power came on, weird things started happening. The H-wing fire alarm went off, cancelling the chemistry seminar I was going to attend. And some people got stuck in the elevator in F-wing. The internet seemed to work, but I couldn't check email or connect to blogger.com.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Was that 180 in your chick magnet car? Tell Kelly I miss her.