Monday, September 30, 2002


Being fed up with long walks through the blazing heat of lot 59, here is my reasoning for spending the extra dollar for a parking structure:

1) Paying for a structure is still relatively cheap. This year, a structure costs $159, while lot 59 is only $50. By comparison, using the pay lots for only ONE month costs a maximum of $100. Even if the cost of a structure goes up to $200 next year, it will still be cheaper by %78 than using pay parking for 9 months

2) A structure is a fixed distance from campus. In a structure, I will never again have to walk from Tempe Butte, all the way AROUND Sun Devil Stadium to get to my classes. Think of the emotional distress I can avoid. In a structure, there will always be a spot for me, and even if I am the last one to arrive, I will still be closer to my classes than if I get to lot 59 at 8:30 in the morning.

Now all I have to do is remember to buy a parking pass at the soonest allowable time, because structures fill up fast, especially if I want the one closest to my office and lab.

No comments: