Friday, July 11, 2008


Welcome to Vancouver

...Hope you like being a dirty hippie!

So I'm here in Vancouver (British Columbia, not Washington) for the Goldschmidt Conference, but Northwest left one of my bags back in Minneapolis, so while I have my dress shirts, sweaters, and jacket, I don't have a clean change of clothes. The bag was supposed to come on the next flight and was supposed to land tonight around 11pm, but it was delayed an hour. So right now I'm waiting for a phone call telling me they have my bag and I can pick it up. Otherwise, I'm going to be hiking around Garibaldi in the same clothes I've been wearing for almost three days (did I mention I didn't go to sleep last night because I had to be up so early to make it to the airport today? Yeah, so I feel like a zombie too).

All that aside, Vancouver is an awesome city. The weather is great and the mountains and trees are beautiful. I checked through the local entertainment paper for interesting concerts or events this weekend and discovered one of the most awesome band names: Vancougar! They've got a show tomorrow night at some burlesque-themed club, which sounds kinda cool, so I might go to that. Also, Wolf Parade is playing this weekend here, but the show is sold out, which is OK I guess since I don't like them that much.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Welcome to the Northwest.