Friday, April 25, 2008


Via Audio

I had a great time at the Black Cat last night. Via Audio (pic) opened for Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. If you've seen my "Best of 2007" playlist, you'll know that a Via Audio song was on there, and they put on a pretty good show too. They were up on stage jumping around and being goofy and just all around having fun, which was cool to see. I watched about half of Boris Yeltsin's show, and headed out to the bar area to talk with the Via Audio band members. They were really cool and very friendly. I guess they're all friends from some performing arts college in Boston, and now they're trying to make a living from playing music. Actually, the drummer is a bit of a secret nerd, so we talked a bit about cosmology and string theory and meteorites (he brought it up... seriously!). I also met a guy who works as a Russian analyst at the CIA. He didn't know anything about the bands...he just saw something about Boris Yeltsin in the paper and decided to check it out! Then I talked for a while with this girl studying Applied Economics at Johns Hopkins, and she assured me that the US is not going into a depression (and it's not even strictly in a recession yet). By the time I was ready to go home, it was already 30 minutes past the last metro train, so I had to hail a cab (first time I ever had to do that!) back to Falls Church. I guess I have to remember to drive, even though parking's a bitch, whenever I go to a weekday show in the city.

No comments: