Sunday, April 27, 2008


10 Years Back

Just for fun, after I put together my "Best of 2007" playlist, I started looking at my music from 1997 to see what I was listening to ten years ago. That was the year I graduated high school and started college. Because of that, it was also the year I first started to become pretentious about music (but that should become more apparent in 1998). In '97 my musical tasted were still pretty steeped in grunge and alternative. 1997 also saw two of my favorite albums: Radiohead's OK Computer and Foo Fighter's The Color and the Shape. OK Computer may even be one of the greatest albums of all time, and is certainly one of the most important. Here's the playlist...

Best of 1997
1. Beck - Deadweight
2. Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space
3. Bjork - All is Full of Love
4. Radiohead - Paranoid Android
5. Live - Lakini's Juice
6. Deftones - My Own Summer
7. Foo Fighters - My Hero
8. Everclear - Father of Mine
9. Modest Mouse - Trailer Trash
10. Headboard - The End is Near
11. Grandaddy - A.M. 180
12. Space - Female of the Species
13. Shania Twain - You're Still the One
14. Radiohead - Exit Music (for a Film)
15. Foo Fighters - New Way Home
16. The Jerky Boys - Testing for Jeopardy

A side note to Beth--I'm sorry, but I couldn't help it! It's a good song!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I see you are owning up to Shania