Tuesday, January 22, 2008


Three Days of Bitter Cold

I hope everybody had a nice three-day weekend. For us it was too cold to do anything. Kelly and I mostly just stayed inside and watched TV. We did have grand plans to go see There Will Be Blood and the Hopper exhibit at the National Gallery, but like I said, it was way to cold for us. However, we did finish the third season of Deadwood. It really sucks that HBO canceled the series after the third season because they were in the middle of a story arc, so there are a lot of unanswered questions now. I hear there are talks of making two 90 minute episodes to finish the storyline, but who knows if that will ever really happen.

In other news, I did manage to brave the cold for a quick eye exam. As I expected, I do need glasses, and I have to special order them because the perscription is too strong for LensCrafters to make them in house. We'll see how they work out in a couple weeks.

2 comments:

Jerrywill said...

Caitlin and I saw the Hopper exhibit last weekend--it was really crowded since it was the last weekend. I saw it in Boston, too, but it was better here because it was free. Also, do see There Will Be Blood.

Dude, you managed to go from no glasses, to having blurry vision so severe they have to specially make your glasses? How did you get by without? Did you have contacts, and now you can't do that anymore?

Brad De Gregorio said...

Apparently my good right eye has been compensating this whole time while my bad left eye has been slowly deteriorating. I've never wore glasses or contacts, but lately my vision has been bad enough to give me problems, so I got my eyes checked. Now I realize I should have done it much sooner so to keep my left eye from getting so bad.