Tuesday, October 16, 2007


ALS recovery

I'm back from ALS now. That last day was just horrible. What with the beam downtime, and then when it came back at 3AM, I couldn't get the microscope aligned properly again. So I spent the next 6 hours fiddling and trying different things. I think the x-ray beam was off center somehow. I couldn't even get any intensity through at higher energies. And the guy to call for help had already worked the day shift for me, so he was getting his necessary sleep, and I had to fend for myself. At least it's over now.

I didn't get to go to bed afterwards, though. I had to check out of my hotel and head to the airport instead. I napped a bit in the terminal and on my flights, but you know how it's not the same when you're not sleeping in a bed. I didn't get home until 1AM, and after a quick shower and meal, I finally went to sleep at around 2AM. I slept until 1 in the afternoon yesterday, and I felt alot better. I also pigged out on food yesterday, because I hadn't been eating well out in California. I still don't feel 100% yet. Maybe in a day or two.

No comments: