Thursday, August 24, 2006


There's this weird thing going on at ASU parking and transit services. You know the phrase "can't get arrested in this town"? Well I can't get a parking ticket in this town. I've gotten three tickets since I've been at ASU, and EACH ONE has been mysteriously paid for without my knowledge. I got the third one at the beginning of August, and I recently checked the website to check out the fee, and next to the ticket is $0.00! It was a $30 ticket! Nobody else I've talked to has ever had that happen to them. Maybe this will work out in my favor since I didn't buy a parking pass for this upcoming school year. I'm parking on the street right now.

In other news, I bought a laptop this morning from Dell. I've been checking the refurbished listings, and today was the right configuration for the right price. A decent Pentium Duo CPU, 80GB hard drive, 1GB RAM, 15" widescreen, Windows XP Pro, for $720. My laptop now has been giving me grief for so long, especially now that I'm using Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Media Player simultaneously most of the time. When I bought that laptop, I was only thinking of the present, and I'm feeling the burn now after four years. So I'm getting more than I need in this new laptop so that I can get more out of it in the future.

1 comment:

NPH said...

Sweet purchase Brad!