Sunday, August 20, 2006


I had a great time at the wedding last weekend. Ann Arbor is a nice college town, and it was good to see some old friends. Of course I had my eyes closed during the group photo. Even though there was an orange alert, I didn't have any problems at the airport, but my bags took forever, so I was late to the rehearsal. No problem, though, because all I needed to do was read a Bible verse. But the rehearsal dinner was insane! Mike is Chinese, so we had a traditional chinese wedding feast, with eleven courses, I think. I had to stop after the seventh, which was leeks and mushrooms. The next day, the wedding was at 3 in the afternoon, so I had some time to kill. I met up with the groom and groomsmen for lunch downtown, and saw my first hippie drum circle on the Michigan campus. What a bunch of freaks!

The wedding was great, and I think I did pretty well with my reading, but all in all that wasn't important at all. I though I was nervous, but try being the bride or groom at one of those things! There was lemonade and cookies afterwards, and I got to chat a bit with Eric and Caleb and Jerrywill (just Will now). Then off to the reception! It was good, with toasts and dancing and whatnot. I was at the Northwestern table, and we all had a good time catching up. The DJ was seated at our table, and told us he was hip to cool music, but crumbled into silence once the indie talk began (the extended conversation about the Economist couldn't have helped either). Now I like alot of indie artists, but it's weird how the artists I like are so different from everyone else's. I don't think it's a matter of obscurity or musical genre either. I just can't get into Guster or Death Cab for Cutie; I prefer Built to Spill or the Long Winters. But it was a good ole' time.

The next day I met up with Jaime and Matt for lunch, then went home for a week of camping with Kelly. Posted by Picasa

No comments: