Tuesday, May 30, 2006


I hope everybody had a nice, relaxing, long weekend. I know Kelly and I did.

On friday I finally finished chapter 3 of my dissertation. It took longer than I would have liked, but at least it's done. The next couple of chapters shouldn't take as long because my data is already in easily-accessible formats. Unfortunately, my laptop flipped out on me when trying to make a PDF of chapter 3. I guess it's all those high quality figures. The Word file is 19 MB, so I needed something I could email to Tom to review. I tried three different computers in the lab before I could successfully generate a PDF version. But that turned out to be 5 MB itself, so I basically wasted a whole hour on it. But I need to just forget about the whole thing and move on to chapter 4!

On saturday, we went to pick peaches at Schnepf Farms. It was pretty fun, and we walked away with 16 pounds of peaches! I made a couple peach-raspberry pies, and Kelly made peach crisp, peach-banana smoothies, and peach margaritas. We have about 6 peaches left, and they are perfect for juicy snacking!

On sunday, we went to Bookmans to sell some old books we don't really want to take with us if we move next year. They took about 2/3 of them, mostly hardcovers. They were going to offer me $150 in store credit. Unfortunately, that's only good for books and magazines, and only equal to $75 in credit good for anything in the store. Of course, I'm not going to even use $75 in store credit, so I split it into $20 A-trade credit and $40 cash. I found an old Steinbeck book I've always wanted to read, and Kelly found a book and a knobby milk-glass vase she really liked, so that's why I got some store credit.

Otherwise, we just did some cooking, cleaning, laundry, and sat around watching movies all weekend. It was nice.

No comments: