Monday, August 15, 2005


Travelling to New York always sucks because of the time change. My goal is to get to Brookhaven by 5PM. Subtract 2 hr drive halfway across long island, 5 hrs of airline flights, 1 hr layover, 1 hr travel overhead, 3 hr time change, and I have to leave AZ at 5AM. This time I connected in Houston. The flight from Phoenix to Houston wasn't too bad. I slept most of the way. But I had to sit next to a fat girl on the way from Houston to New York. She was probably only a freshman in college, but she was oozing into my side over and under the armrest. Then she pulls out a Precious Moments coloring book! Ugh. There was also an actual monk on the plane. He was this big guy with a long gray beard, wearing a gray robe with prayer beads and a rope sash. I overheard someone ask what he was, and the monk said he was a Franciscan friar. What a crazy flight!

2 comments:

NPH said...

I wonder if the monk gets frequent friar miles every time he flies.

Brad De Gregorio said...

That punny remark just earned you a free stranglin'