Monday, August 15, 2005


I'm blogging from the synchrotron at Brookhaven today. I've been really busy with sample prep and house stuff last week, so I haven't had time to blog until now. The x-ray microscope is taking a "spectral stack" now, which should take about seven hours. Nows my chance to eat and relax a bit.

Last week Kelly was out of town at Morenci, so I worked late at ASU to finish all the sample prep I needed to get done. But things kept happening. I had to plan for delivery of our new dishwasher, changing oil in my car and Kelly's car, hang out with friends that are in town for a couple weeks, and even my grandma died. Let me just say it was stressful to balance all these things, especially with all the emotional highs and lows. But I got everything done and my samples turned out well.

No comments: