Tuesday, July 26, 2005


Kelly and I are moved into our new place, but it's still a mess and the cable doesn't even work yet (Cox guy comes by tomorrow morning). I'll contact people soon with our new address.

In other news, I've recently discovered something both cool and useful. Konfabulator is software that run "widgets" on your computer desktop. I used to think that widgets only existed in theoretical economics problems (Tom can make XX widgets in YY hours with $ZZ in parts. How much should he charge per widget?) but I guess they refer to any little piece of software that displays information. The widget I like in particular (and I think would be really useful to everybody) is "What To Do", which simply presents a nice-looking to-do list on the desktop. I've been using the analog version of this widget (= pen and paper) for a while, so you can imagine how much better this is. This little gem is included with Konfabulator, but there are tons of other useful/entertaining widgets to download as well.

No comments: