Friday, February 11, 2005


Yesterday I noticed that a Java applet that a wrote a while ago wasn't loading in Internet Explorer. I spent alot of time yesterday and all of this morning working on the problem. The frustrating thing was that it would load on some computers, like my home computer, but not on my laptop at ASU. Both computers were using the same version of IE and Java, so it had to be an issue with browser settings. I played with every thinkable security and advanced setting. The one thing I noticed was that my browser was using a Microsoft Java plugin regardless of whether I had the official Java plugin from Sun or not. This Microsoft plugin is obsolete, but I couldn't figure out a way to uninstall it. Somehow, reinstalling the Sun Java plugin got rid of the Microsoft Java plugin, so now everything works fine and I can stop worrying about it.

Now I just have to fix all the other computers that won't load the applet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most boring blog ever!