Thursday, June 12, 2008


Songs that I Hate Myself for Liking #24

Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl.

That song happens to have a really catchy beat and crunchy guitars (my weakness), and Katy Perry has that powerful female voice that I like. But what really interests me about her is she is a "double PK" (both her parents are pastors) and was even heading for a promising gospel career, when she heard a Queen album and "left the flock", so to speak. Now I do think she's a little extreme on the rebellious side right now (judging by her lyrics), but that kind of story warms my heart. I always felt a little sorry for PKs, because they were even a little outcast by the rest of us non-PK kids. They were supposed to be examples of what good little Christians were supposed to be like, so they always had extra rules and restrictions put on them, which made them slightly less fun to hang out with.

By the way, 24 is just a random number, but if I thought about it, I bet I could come up with 23 other songs that I'm embarrassed to admit that I like.

No comments: