Saturday, September 29, 2007


A month or two ago, Kelly signed up on MySpace, and sort of convinced/forced me to sign up too. But to be honest, I despise MySpace. It looks horrible, and it's full of spammers. Plus I already have a Blogger blog (obviously), and I just figured out how to use Picasa to create online photo albums.

However, I do see the value in using a social networking website. So my question is this...of the big three social networking sites (MySpace, Facebook, and Orkut), which would you recommend? I remember Facebook starting up when I was at Northwestern, but I didn't care about it at the time. Facebook also seems to be gaining popularity, especially among college students and professionals. Orkut, on the other hand, is run by Google, so there will most likely be future integration with Blogger and Picasa.

Anyways, any suggestions? I guess my decision is a balance between which website offers the features that I want most and which website the majority of my friends and colleagues use.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I always though all of them were weird and that I was too old for them. Recently, to stay intouch with a friend from Thailand I signed up for facebook. I was SHOCKED at how many people I know then wanted me to be their friend.

NPH said...

Yeah, I was amazed at how many people are on myspace. I have heard that facebook is better than myspace for privacy. And I agree that myspace looks like crap.

James said...

No one in America is on Orkut,so count that out. I know a lot more people on MySpace, but it seems Facebook is slowly catching up. Personally I've been able to reconnect with a lot more people on MySpace, the crapiness of it makes it more homely. :)

Anonymous said...

I got pulled into doing Facebook. I got in touch with a lot of people who I've lost contact with through it. Never saw myspace or the other one, though.