Monday, February 05, 2007


It's taken me a while (since I don't have much free time), but today as I was grading geology labs I finished the final sound check for my annual "Best of" mixtape. I thought I'd post the track list here. Since I ripped my CD collection to my hard drive this year, I've merged my annual "Best of" and "Downloaded" mixes into one comprehensive list. So this year's "Best of" includes music I've purchased and songs I've downloaded. Because of that, I'm adding the disclaimer that I don't recommend purchasing CDs from all of these artists, only most of them.

Best of 2006
Disc 1

  1. Mogwai - Auto Rock
  2. ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Life
  3. Pistolita - Panic
  4. The Oohlahs - Small Parts
  5. Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye
  6. Built to Spill - Goin' Against Your Mind
  7. Giant Drag - Wicked Game
  8. Wolfmother - Mind's Eye
  9. Brand New - Limousine
  10. Jesu - Silver
  11. Moneen - Don't Ever Tell Locke What He Can't Do
  12. Audioslave - Moth
  13. Catfish Haven - Madelin
  14. My Morning Jacket - Mahgeetah (live)

Disk 2

  1. Band of Horses - The Funeral
  2. Mew - The Zookeeper's Boy
  3. Muse - Starlight
  4. MSTRKRFT - Easy Love
  5. Mylo - Otto's Journey
  6. Weird Al Yankovic - White & Nerdy
  7. Lady Sovereign - Hoodie
  8. The Sounds - Queen of Apology (Patrick Stump Remix)
  9. Evermore - It's Too Late
  10. The Juliana Theory - Into the Dark
  11. Rodrigo y Gabriela - Diablo Rojo
  12. Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Rise Up With Fists!
  13. The Blow - Parentheses
  14. The Grates - Nothing Sir
  15. The Stills - She's Walking Out
  16. Ben Folds - Bitches Ain't Shit
  17. The Dresden Dolls - Sing
  18. My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade
  19. Pistolita - Beni Accident

1 comment:

Beth said...

I want a copy.