Friday, January 19, 2007


I am freakin' exhausted! This was the first week of teaching, and even though I had Monday off, I'm still wiped out. It's a combination of creating all my lecture and lab content from scratch, getting up at 5AM for my 7AM class, and having to get up every 3 hours or so at night to let the new puppy outside to pee. Gunner's getting better at holding it, but he still pees in the house. The actual teaching is the easy part.

Fridays are my free day, so I slept in until almost 8. That was nice, but I need to work on my NRC proposal, due at the end of the month. I've got no time to relax.

I'm also getting into a bit of a financial crunch right now. You see, ASU cut me off from my GSRP grant once I graduated, so I haven't seen any GSRP income since the last week of November. I still get my little supplemental checks from Tom's grant, though, but they don't nearly cover two months of bills plus a trip to London. I've been pretty thrifty in January. I haven't withdrawn any money or used my debit card since we got back from London, but my bank account is steadily drying up. I've already asked Kelly to pay the whole electricity bill this month, and I just got notice today that my rent check for this month bounced (I had hoped it would go through before the other bills). I'm expecting a small reimbursement for my trip to Washington DC, but other than that, I don't get paid for teaching until February 2. I just need to scrape by until then.

No comments: