Tuesday, September 05, 2006


I didn't do much this holiday weekend. Kelly had to work, so I spent most of my time finishing setting up my new laptop and then reinstalling Windows XP on my old laptop for Kelly. It makes me feel good that I can do something like that for her. They only have two field laptops at her job, so now she has one all to herself.

In other news, after over a year, I finally finished Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle. Three books with at least 800 pages each, set in 1700s Europe. Now it's not like I was reading every night. It was mainly during plane trips or babysitting the synchrotron. I really liked those books, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone since they have a unique style unlike traditional historical fiction. Instead, I would first recommend Cryptonomicon, and if that is bearable, then move on to the Baroque Cycle.

Now I'm moving on to something a bit more mellow.

No comments: