Monday, December 20, 2004


And we're baaaaack! (Kelly hates that joke)

AGU was fun, but it got exhausting near the end of the week. Luckily, my poster session and the talks I wanted to see were all Monday and Tuesday. The poster session went well. I talked to more people than usual and got a lot of support for my results. It's weird, though. Whenever I talk about fossils in the Apex chert, I get hammered with questions, but whenever I talk about abiotic carbon in the Apex chert, I get a pat on the back. Since my research isn't really conclusive either way, I feel like I have to tell people what they want to hear rather than what I really think.

I got to see my friend William on Wednesday. He goes to Stanford, but he lives in San Francisco. We did a lot of things, but one thing we did was go to the Giant Robot store (GRSF) in the Haight. It was cool!

Thursday and Friday I only had to visit my friends posters, so I shopped those days. I went to the FCUK store and bought an expensive blazer 'cause I didn't have one. I also went to chinatown and bought some nice wooden stands for minerals. You know, the little round ones with little legs.

Since I was so exhausted from the conference, I just lounged around Saturday and Sunday. Besides, I had a whole bunch of shows to watch on the DVR, including the Apprentice finale (Suck it, Jennifer!)

No comments: