Tuesday, November 09, 2004


I'm back now from the synchrotron in New York. I had more fun this time because I got to be by myself. Saturday was kindof a training day on the x-ray microscope, but Sunday I got to do everything on my own. I finished up everything Monday morning, but my flight didn't leave until the afternoon, so I got to drive around Long Island a bit. First I went to the huge Tanger Outlet Center near Riverhead. Then I drove back to JFK airport along the barrier islands, stopping at the famous Jones Beach. I'm also in the middle of reading the Godfather, so it's cool to drive through Long Beach, where the Corleone compound was. Sonny Corleone was killed on the Jones Beach Causeway in the book. I could tell that some of the movie was actually filmed on Long Island.

No comments: