Tuesday, November 02, 2004


I voted today. My choices for president were Bush, Kerry, and Micheal Badnarik (the libertarian candidate). I don't respect Bush, and the libertarians scare me (they want to get rid of all government welfare, including research funding), so I voted for Kerry. However, for any of the other races, I voted for libertarians whenever possible. Even though I don't agree with their politics, I do think they are more likely to be free thinkers than republicans and democrats. They don't really have a party line to follow, so they have to figure out things for themselves. Also, they take government a step back and ask, "Is this what the government SHOULD be doing?" I like that question. So I'll vote for libertarian candidates for local and state elections, but never for president.

No comments: