Tuesday, June 08, 2004


Last night on the phone, Brad and I went through the Geologist's Lifetime Field List to see how much of it we've done already (not together, just our experiences combined). We have a lot left to do, but I was impressed with how much we could check off. He had some cool geology stuff over me (such as seeing the banded iron formations in Michigan and Mount St. Helens) but I had the crazy weather stuff (tornadoes, hail, floods, hurricanes). It was fun. He seemed a bit jealous that I could check off the Alps. But I'm jealous that he's been inside a lava tube. The things on the list that we did experience together were finding dinosaur tracks in situ and hiking through a slot canyon (I equate this with the joint trail) - both in Canyonlands. The list is pretty good, but I think that it left off a bunch of stuff. I don't think I'll get into it's deficiencies right now. I'm sleepy. Ed is sleeping on my pillows. He's such a bed hog. I hate to move him...oh well. I miss Brad. Only 3 more days, then he will be back in my lovin' arms.

No comments: