Tuesday, August 19, 2003


I forgot to mention yesterday that this past weekend, Kelly and I went camping. On Sunday we went to Box Canyon in the Field Camp area, and it was cool. We decided to hike down the canyon as far as we could go. It was fun wading through deep water, and swimming through even deeper pools. It wasn't always easy, and the water level was high (since it had rained recently). We got as far as the bend in the canyon when we ran into a 30 ft cliff and waterfall. That was a really nice, romantic spot. In order to go farther, you'd have to climb up the side of the canyon, walk downstream a ways, then climb back down to the creek. It's doable, but we thought we should head back instead. I can't believe how much fun Kelly and I have together.

In other news, it rained this morning...hard. On my way to school, I skidded when I made a right turn. Now I always wondered how I would react in a serious skid. Would I panic, or would I remember to turn into the skid. Well, I guess it's pretty much instinctual with me. I felt myself sliding, and without even thinking I was rolling the steering wheel the other way. Then I started sliding to the other side, so I compensated for that, turning the wheel less. I slid back to the first side again before I got the car straightened out. It was a little scary, but also fun because I kicked ass so much. I felt like a stunt driver. Kelly's probably pissed at me about this, so I'll be very careful when making turns from now on.

No comments: