Monday, March 31, 2003


Wow! I didn't realize how long it's been since I last blogged. I guess I was too busy preparing for my talk at LPSC (which went well, by the way). After that, I caught a cold, so that kept me off my feet for half a week after that. Anyways, I'm fine now, and I hope everybody had fun, enjoyable spring breaks, because mine was spent at the conference.

Now I have a chance to sit back and figure out what I'm going to do next. The next conference I'm going to isn't until the fall, so I've got plenty of time for research. I want to get some more samples, and I want to get something published, maybe even a letter to Science or Nature. Also, Tom wants me to get started on the synchrotron stuff before he goes on sabbatical this summer. At the synchrotron, I can basically do the same analysis I've been doing, but at a better energy resolution, so I can see additional peaks on the spectrum. This is important because biogenic carbon will have extra peaks that abiotic carbon won't, and I can't resolve those peaks presently.

Next week my brother is showing his film at the Arizona International Film Festival in Tucson. I'm excited, 'cause I think it's pretty good.

No comments: