Tuesday, January 14, 2003


I got my W2 today, and it says I made 18K last year. Funny how my checking account is only $1000 heavier.

Anyway, some of you may know that I'm not very responsive or awake in the mornings. I usually like to be left alone and especially not have to make decisions. Well, this morning my mom walks into my room and says, "Before I go to work I have to tell you some things...", after which she preceded to explain that my dad was going to write his will, donate his body to science, and one of my uncles is a minister and he agreed to give a memorial service. Of course this was all in my mom's style of not getting to the point at all, so this was REALLY something I didn't want to hear in the morning. There are better times to talk about my dad's death then when I just wake up. I don't need to hear this right now! Besides, who honestly donates their body to science except hobos, convicts, and Kelly's mom. It's just such a joke until you have to seriously think about it. Of course this all put me in an absolutely shitty mood this morning, especially on a day when I have to make a lovey-dovey greeting card for Kelly. I started thinking about a funeral and what would I say for a eulogy, and I almost started crying in my cereal. So I turned on the news to forget about it and watched an interview with the chick on Joe Millionare who got kicked off even though everyone thought she wouldn't (I didn't think she was that pretty anyway).

For those of you who don't know, last week they (I don't know who "they" is) discovered a lump in my dad's lymph node. He's going to see some doctors this week, so we probably won't know anything for sure until next week. I first found out about it when my mom left a cryptic sobbing message on my cell phone, which, of course, freaked me out, but my mom typically over-reacts to these things. So I talked with my dad the next day and got the story straight.

Needless to say, I've never had to deal with anything like this before. I can't think of any of my friends who have to deal with this. I'll get by though. I always do.

No comments: