Tuesday, November 12, 2002


I realize I haven't posted in a while. This may be a habit for a while as the conference draws closer. I'm making good progress though. I have a good sample, so I can concentrate on that. If I can get some diffraction patterns, x-ray spectra, and EELS spectra on the kerogen, I'll be set. Then all I have to worry about is the presentation itself. If I can finish all the research work next week, then I'll have two weeks for talk preparation (i.e. learning powerpoint and practicing public speaking). Kelly took me to the Chandler Mall the other day to look for new clothes for my talk. Although I don't really care for J Crew, they had a really spiffy pants-shirt-sweater combination that I really liked. Kelly also bought me one of those cool wallets. Now all I need are shoes and a belt.

In short, I'm in a good mood for the time being.

This past weekend, I had a field trip up to the NW corner of Arizona, near where to Grand Canyon empties out into Lake Mead. Once I get pictures developed, I may post them (if I remember).

No comments: