Monday, January 12, 2009


Arizona

I'm back in Phoenix for a little over a week. My primary purpose it to start work on a chapter for a book with my old advisor, but I'm also here to see family, friends, and my dog. It's nice to be back, but a little strange. I have to admit I like Phoenix, especially the weather and the mountians close by, but the urban sprawl has gotten a little out of control. There's a few industrial and business centers in the Phoenix metro area, but everything else is residences and commercial plazas. I'm a bit surprised how much building is going on despite the bad economy. It is a little comforting to know that anything you might want to buy is just a few miles in some direction on the grid.

I've been here since this weekend, but this week I'll start revisiting my favorite restaurants. Plus I need an infusion of good Mexican cuisine to last me another year.

No comments: