Wednesday, September 10, 2008


New York City

Kirsten and I took the bus up to NYC this morning. It was actually nice and clean...and had free wireless. After we arrived at our hotel (Thank you, AMNH!) we headed out to East Villiage and, of course, the Giant Robot store. The lone employee there was in the process of taking down the Deth P. Sun installation. Another female customer and I had to ask her to unpack some of the artwork to browse. Two smaller pieces popped out to me, so I splurged. Kirsten says my purchase is "more fulfilling than an Xbox", which gives you an indication of how much I spent. But it does feel good to own artwork and to support artists that I enjoy.

Kirsten's friend Maria met up with us and we had a yummy meal at Dumpling Man one block over. Highly recommended.

No comments: