Tuesday, October 10, 2006


Applying for graduation at ASU is a major pain in my ass. I tried to apply in mid-September. I paid my graduation fee and went to the registrar, but they had no record of my comp exam. It turns out the geology department doesn't finish the paperwork, and never tells the student this. So then I waste a bunch of time getting signatures, and turning the form into the grad college. It takes a week or two to process, so I'm trying to apply for graduation again. But in the meantime I've misplaced my paperwork. I can always fill out the forms again, but I'm missing the reciept for my graduation fee. So I go back to cashiering services today, hoping they can print out another reciept for me, but of course that's not how they do it. I have to fill out another form, and they have to look for their physical copy. I don't remember the exact day I paid either, so apparently they have to look through the reciepts for the entire month of September! Why can't they just look up my account in the computer? I don't know, but that will take another couple of days for them to find it. Meanwhile, the deadling for applying for graduation is next Monday, and this whole process is really starting to piss me off. I have more important things to worry about.

No comments: