Thursday, July 27, 2006


I've written about all I can of chapter 6 as possible without getting the last bit of data that I need. Hopefully, I can get on the SIMS on Monday or Tuesday next week. So tomorrow I'll finish up my sample prep, which involves polishing a piece of chert until it is super shiny. Better bring my mp3 player!

I've been addicted to Guitar Hero lately. It's so much fun to rock out to songs, and the difficulty ramps up so gently that it keeps you playing. I'm trying to beat the game on the "Hard" difficulty setting, which uses all five fret keys. At first this was hard to get used to because you can only use four fingers, which means that you have to shift your hand to play the songs. The easier songs only required one or two shifts, but on later songs my hand is all over the place! It took be seven or eight tries, but yesterday I finally beat Crossroads, which contains what some consider to be the greatest guitar solo performance ever, making Eric Clapton an official guitar god. There are actually two solos in that song, and both are f-ing hard. So now I have the final five songs to beat, which are probably going to kick my ass for a while. Pantera's Cowboys from Hell and Ozzy's Bark at the Moon were hard enough on "Medium"!

No comments: