Tuesday, June 20, 2006


This week has been full of highs and lows, and it's only Tuesday! For example, on Sunday Kelly, the dog, and I went to play in Tonto Creek by Gisela. There were some huge deep pools and plenty of places for cliff jumping. We totally wore out Ed, and he didn't want to move for the rest of the day and most of Monday as well. On the downside, I had brought my phone along in a plastic bag, and a little bit of water got in. Not much because the money in my wallet wasn't wet at all. I guess ziploc bags aren't 100% watertight. Don't ask me why I needed my phone with me, 'cause I don't have a good answer. Anyways, after that my phone was frozen on this blue emergency screen, so I had to buy a new one. And damn those things are expensive when you aren't getting any discounts! Bare-bones phones that are advertised in the Verizon store for $80 are $200 retail. Luckily they had a refurbished phone for $90. But still, that's more than I thought I would pay.

On Monday I got a lot done on chapter 4, and passed through some writers block that was plagueing me last week. But today I spent most of my day doing menial tasks. The big thing was I found out I had to register for one research credit for 1st summer session. I though I only needed one credit for the whole summer, like last year, so I only registered for 2nd summer session. But I got an email saying I needed both. Of course normal registration is closed, and I needed to fill out paperwork and get some signatures for late registration. Luckily I found out about it today, because the head of the department is gone until next week, and the only person who can sign for him is leaving for vacation tomorrow.

No comments: