Friday, October 21, 2005


I'm back from Salt Lake City and GSA. Yesterday I just vegged out (and did a little cleaning around the house). Thanks a bunch to everybody that wished me a happy birthday yesterday. Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring anybody recently, but I've been so busy getting ready for GSA, and I've been out of town since saturday.

SLC is one of those places that would be nice to raise kids, but you never want to live there. It's clean and safe and well planned, but there's not much to do. Since it's mormonville, they don't allow bars. But that's stupid, of course. There are going to be bars, whatever the laws may be, so you just have to figure out the loopholes. There are two types of bars in SLC, "restaurants" and "private clubs". In a restaurant, you have to order any food item if you want more than two drinks, and you can only stay a certain amount of time in them. Private clubs, on the other hand, are members only, so they can do whatever they want, including serving alcohol all day. Anyone can become a member for a nominal fee, so it's like a bar with a one-time cover. Silly mormons.

But I'm glad I'm back. I gotta clean up and organize my office 'cause it's a mess right now.

No comments: