Thursday, March 25, 2004


I've been trying to figure out what to get with my tax refund. First I thought of TiVo, but I don't get HBO, so I wouldn't really be recording all that much. Then I thought of a wireless router and/or PC card for my laptop. There's a nice combo at Fry's Electronics. That's a good deal with the rebate, but that ends today. Then I thought of some TV/VCR/DVD combo for my bedroom, so I can watch the Simpsons while Kelly sleeps (a constant source of conflict with us), but why buy some bulky ugly piece of electronics when I can get a nice looking LCD TV. I like the 15" one's at Circuit City and the one offered by Dell. Unfortunately, that would be a little too expensive, because I would want it to have a VGA input as well (so I could use it as a computer moniter as well as a TV). I also thought of maybe buying a new wristwatch or another cable modem to have internet downstairs in my apartment.

Or maybe I should just save my money for a rainy day.

So, in summary:

  • TiVo = $150 w/ rebate
  • Netgear wireless router = $120 ($70 w/ rebate)
  • Net gear wireless-G router = $65 ($45 w/ rebate)
  • D-link wireless-G PC card = $40 w/ rebate
  • TV/VCR or TV/DVD combo = $100 - $170
  • Magnavox 15" LCD TV = $420
  • Audiovox 15" LCD TV = $450
  • Dell 17" LCD TV = $700
  • wristwatch = $50 - $100
  • Motorola cable modem = $60 w/ rebate

No comments: